Personal Budget Template
So your ready to set up your budget, here’s a few points to get you started.
- Only place in the income section amounts that are constant.
If you are entitled to bonuses or commission leave that income out
- Enter in the amount and frequency that the expense occurs.
- Be comprehensive, don’t group expenses.
Foe example instead of one amount to cover all your hobbies/interests list each one, tennis, gym, swimming etc.
- Our calculator has 4 categories to make it easier, simply add more lines if you need to in any of the categories.
Income: All constant and stable incomeDebts: All contractual obligations – mortgage/rent payments, personal loans/hire purchases.
(Credit card payments unless you pay this in full each month).
Living Costs: Functional/necessary expenses – power, food, petrol, clothing, education, vehicle costs etc.
Savings/Insurance: Insurance premiums and any contributions to regular savings you are making.
(Do not include Kiwisaver or other investment type savings)
Lifestyle: The extras – birthdays, gym, takeaways, sports/hobbies, pocket money, entertainment etc
- Final check – have you missed anything? Think annually what other expenses will you need to plan for?
Once completed click calculate to summarize your budget, is your budget balanced?
Save a copy when you have finished. You can download a PDF copy to your computer.
There’s also an option once completed to find out what you should focus on next. Check it out once completed.