January – Stress less
In most cases we find ourselves here because we never thought through the process and how we would pay for it when the credit card payment became due or worse still, how we pay for other expenses having overspent from our bank account and cash funds.
Managing your finances now becomes a circus act juggling bills and having sleepless nights as you put your head on the pillow then remember you forgot to change a payment date and now your going to get stung with a nasty bank fee.
If you want to reduce stress after the festive celebrations here’s a few more ideas to help
- Set a plan in place as I mentioned earlier
- Have in place a budget of what known expenses you will have in January completed ahead of time, so you know how much you can afford to be paying back on your credit card or loan if that’s how you have decided to fund Christmas. Better still your Christmas budget is trimmed to avoid having any repayments needed.
- Talk to family members before Christmas and get everyone on board with budgeting for Christmas wisely and the reason you’re doing this is to avoid the stress afterwards. It’s amazing how often we buy because we feel obligated to in anticipation of what others will be spending on us. An open discussion can be quite welcoming and a breath of fresh air.
February – Regret no more
Regret, fueled because we are now reminded how we seem to repeat this process every year and it compromises what we really want. We don’t know how to fix this cycle and conclude it is what it is. The repayments we now find haunting us as we struggle to keep the credit card under control and meet the new loan repayment we took out. What was sleepless nights in January become daytime worries too.
No more regrets, you can break that cycle starting today, here’s how
- Start now, build your list, shop to your budget, get family on board with your plan.
- Set yourself a goal or reward – if I stick to my plan and don’t get into debt, reach February and are not stressed and my finances are controlled I will …..
- Make the goal realistic and something you will enjoy. This will help motivate you to achieve it.
So, what are you waiting for, get started today and have yourself a very enjoyable and stress free Christmas. You can do it!!
Download our E-Book ‘Budgeting for Success’ simply pop in your name and email above and its yours “FREE”
You may want to consider setting up your 2019 plan using our ‘Online Planner’, why not get a budget in place now for the new year and seriously turn around your finances in 2019. Yes it takes a bit of work and commitment but the financial rewards are definitely worth it, the planner is a great tool to help you build new habits so check it out today!!
I had found in the first five to six weeks that I had saved nearly $1,000. I had never done this in my life and it felt good.
The online budget planner is fantastic. I always know where we stand and I can easily log in and adjust things as needed.
We are seeing our debt shrink, money grow. Simple principles that work. Magic!
Framework that will enable us to manage our finances better and help us to learn how to save and aim to pay off our debts.